About Your Insurance
There are two types of health insurance that will help pay for your eye care services and products.
You many have both types and The Vision Center accepts most insurance plans in both categories.
- Vision plans (such as Davis, VSP, EyeMed and others)
- Medical insurance (such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, Aetna and others).
- Vision plans only cover routine vision wellness exams, along with eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Vision Plans do not cover medical eye care (the diagnosis, management or treatment of eye health problems).
- Medical insurance must be used for medical eye care.
- Medical insurance must be used if you have an eye health problem or systemic health problem that has possible ocular complications (i.e. Diabetes).
- This includes medications that have ocular side effects.
- Your doctor will determine if these conditions apply to you, but some are determined by your case history.
- If you have both types of insurance plans it may be necessary for us to bill some services to one plan and some services to the other. We will follow a procedure called corrdination of benefits to do this properly and to minimize your out-of-pocket expense.
- If some fees are not paid by your insurance, we will bill you for them, such as deductibles, co-pays or non-covered services as allowed by the insurance contract.
- Please provide your insurance cards to our staff member so we can make a copy. We need to have your medical insurance card or Medicare card on file in case we should need it in the future for billing your insurance.
Some insurance plans accepted