Pediatric Eye Exams
Good vision is key to your child’s success
A comprehensive in-person eye exam before age 5 will ensure there are no problems that may permanently affect your child’s visual development, such as “lazy eye” or eye disease.
With today’s diagnostic equipment and tests, a child does not have to know the alphabet or how to read to have his or her eyes examined.
Our doctors are friendly and patient with children to ensure they have a fun experience that will ensure they are seeing their best.
How do I know if my child has a vision problem?
Parents should watch for signs that may indicate a vision problem, including:
- Sitting close to the TV or holding a book too close.
- Tilting their head.
- Covering an eye.
- Frequently rubbing their eyes.
- Short attention span for the child’s age.
- Turning of an eye in or out.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Difficulty with eye-hand-body coordination when playing ball or bike riding.
- Avoiding coloring activities, puzzles, and other detailed activities.